Youth Delegate Application for Global Assembly and Regional Meetings
Amnesty International Ghana is looking for a Youth delegate to represent the National Secretariat at the Global Assembly and Regional Meetings for 2024.
Amnesty International is a global movement with more than ten million people who take injustice personally. We campaign for a world free of human rights abuses and we envisage a world where all persons enjoy human rights. Amnesty International investigates, exposes, and advocates on matters concerning human rights. As part of our work, we lobby governments and other duty bearers in organizations and companies to make sure that they uphold the promotion and Protection of human rights. We also mobilize our members and non-members around the world both you and old to advocate for change in Society and the world. As part of our work, we also support and empower individuals to claim their rights through our human rights education and activism.
The Global Assembly is the highest decision-making body of the movement. For example, it approves global strategy that enables the delivery of the Vision and Mission including the Strategic Goals.
The regional meeting will be hosted in Africa, and this is where all AI entities in Africa come together to discuss human rights issues.
As a Youth delegate your role at both meetings will be:
- To represent the youth membership of the Amnesty International entity in Ghana.
- Participate in elections for members of the Preparatory Committee, the International Nominations Committee, and the Membership Review Committee to assist the Global Assembly with its work.
- Network and liaise with other youth representatives representing one-third of membership entities.
Selection Criteria of Youth Delegate
- Be an active member in good standing.
- Be between the ages of 18 to 24 years old.
- Have a passport with expiration date no earlier than 6 months after the meeting date and be willing and able to travel internationally.
- Be available to attend and actively participate in all preparatory activities for the Regional Forum and Global Assembly.
- Have completed Basic Orientation to Amnesty International and Introduction to Human Rights from the Amnesty Human Rights Academy website or mobile application.
- Keen understanding of diversity and gender issues.
If you fulfil the requirements above, kindly apply by clicking on this link here
Deadline for applying is Tuesday 23rd January by 5pm
Online Call for Applications Questions
- State your full name as stated in your passport or national ID in this order: First name, other names (if any), and surname.
- What is your date of birth?
- Phone number
- Email Address
- What academic institution are you affiliated with?
- Please state your Youth Group or Pre-group number/name?
- Have you taken any courses online from the Amnesty Human Rights Academy website or mobile application?
- If yes, please state all courses taken with the corresponding dates of completion stated on your certificate of participation/excellence?
- Do you have any experience in youth leadership?
- If yes, please detail below:
- Why do you think youth representation in decision-making is important? (250 words)
- As a youth how will your participation at the Global Assembly & Regional meetings benefit you and the cohort you represent?? (500 words max)
- Do you have a valid passport?
- If yes, kindly state the passport number and its expiration date. If you do not have a passport, please explain.